We work on roofs every day, but here are a few stand out projects in the Baltimore community that we wanted to share with you.
Holy Cross Catholic Church — Baltimore, MD
The Holy Cross Catholic Church is a landmark of Baltimore’s Federal Hill neighborhood. The church was built in 1860, and the Holy Cross parish is oldest faith community in South Baltimore. The parishioners of Holy Cross called Charm City Roofing to take care of the roof during some recent renovations. To complete the restoration, we removed original slate roof and replaced it with beautiful natural black slate shingles. Next, we installed new copper step flashing, built-in copper gutters, and double deck mount galvanized snow rails. It was a real treat to be apart of this famous building’s history.
The Baltimore Montessori – Locust Point – Baltimore, MD
The Baltimore Montessori – Locus Point, is a historical school building built in the 1930’s. The building is only five minutes away from the downtown Baltimore Inner Harbor, approximately two minutes from I-95, and only a few minutes away from the University of Maryland Medical Center. When it was time to replace the flat roof on this beautiful building, Charm City Roofing was happy to field the call and complete the job. We installed new GAF White Ruberoid Granulated Membrane roofing, and re-flashed all of the skylights, roof vents, and roof edges.
The Burrell Motor Coach Inc. building — Baltimore, MD
This building is a staple of the Central Park Heights neighborhood. It is located just to the west of Loyola University, northeast of Forest Park Golf Course, and just south of Pimlico race track. Easily visible off of Wabash Ave this large commercial building has served as the hub for many of the public transportation vehicles that serve Baltimore City. As you can see from the images, the roof is being done in phases. With one section finished, it’s plain to see that the future is promising for the rest of the building. We are very pleased to add this building to our list of notable Baltimore projects.
The STX building — Baltimore, MD
The home of one of the largest manufacturers of lacrosse, field hockey and ice hockey equipment is located right in our backyard. STX has manufactured some of sport’s best sticks and protective gear since it was founded by Richard B.C. Tucker, Sr. in 1970. The business made significant headway when they developed the first synthetic lacrosse head, which they receive the patent for in 1970. One year later, in the first NCAA Lacrosse National Championship, Cornell defeated Maryland scoring each of their twelve goals with an STX lacrosse head. Since that time, STX has been a staple of the Baltimore community. It was an honor for us to protect their employees and that legacy.
The Jessup Community Hall — Jessup, MD
This building is the home of the Jessup Improvement Association (JIA). JIA is dedicated to improving the quality of life in greater Jessup. Located at the corner of Route 175 and Wigley Avenue, this building gives a meeting space to the individuals actively involved in the improvement of the Jessup community. Jessup bridges two counties, Howard County and Anne Arundel County. Thanks to the work done in this building Jessup is improving each and every day and is an increasingly appealing place to call home.